Preserve Mpls: Bungalow Tour
Greetings South Minneapolis!
The Twin Cities Bungalow home tour is kicking off at our 1922 Kingfield bungalow on Saturday May 10th @ 10 am.
The bungalow club is a group of classic home enthusiasts that celebrate the preservation of Bungalow era homes in Minneapolis and St Paul.
The tour begins at our home anytime between 10-1, the rest of the homes will follow as schedules are handed out on sight.
2014 Twin Cities Bungalow Club Home Tour
Saturday, May 10, 2013; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bungalow Club members free; non-members $5 Tour starts at 4231 Blaisdell Ave. S., Minneapolis www.bungalowclub.org; 612-724-5816
It’s almost here! Join us on Saturday, May 10, for the Twin Cities Bungalow Club’s annual celebration of vintage houses. The tour is a great way to get ideas for your own home, chat with like-minded homeowners, and cruise bungalow neighborhoods. There are five beautiful homes on the tour this year. Pick up a tour map with the homes’ addresses and descriptions any time after 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 10, at the first house located at 4231 Blaisdell Ave. S. in Minneapolis. No reservations are necessary.
On the tour you will see:
- Two spacious master suites recently added to upper ½ floors
- a beautifully remodeled four-season front porch
- updated kitchens with vintage elements
- a new bathroom created in Art Deco style
- a bungalow loaded with vintage pottery, textiles and metalwork
- and loads of oak woodwork, fireplaces, vintage light fixtures, and all-around bungalow charm!